I need to get back to the real subject here, but I will continue to spread out my Top 5 selections over the coming weeks.
I need to explicitly give thanks to a couple sites that have included me in their Top of the Top 5 postings:
- John Crickett’s Top 5s – Blog Posts About Business, where he categorizes all the business related selections. John also gave me a great idea which I’ve passed on to Darren Rowse… include a category field in the submission form next time he does a group writing project.
- Joe Rawlinson’s post, Weekend Reading – May 12th is another great selection of business oriented posts. Hey! These selections are turning out to be on-topic for this blog… funny how that works!
- Darlene McDaniel’s guest post, Top 5 Writing Project – Good Stuff! at Small Business Boomers, another small business oriented blog, lists her selection of posts focusing on blogging resources for small business. Darlene’s own blog, Tough Questions? Great Answers! is also another great resource. I see it’s a member of the b5Media Business Channel… Guess I’ll have to check that out, as should you!
Here are five more of my favorite selections:
Back to business tomorrow…
Well, I’ve just finished reviewing another ten great postings! I think Darren over at ProBlogger should be very proud of the quality he has inspired in his readers for the Group Writing Project. I don’t think I’ve seen a dog in the bunch! I’ve got those special links for you of my next top 10, but first here are the links back each individual day’s postings, including the fianl day four:
- Day One: Total posts, 132; I want to read 38!
- Day Two: Total posts, 242; My picks, 80!
- Day Three: Total posts, 222; I chose 74
- Day Four: Total Posts, 297! OK, I haven’t gone through this one yet… I’m still catching my breath!
For a total of 893 entries! Wow! It’s a good thing he was picking a winner by using random numbers…
My Top 10 of the Day
That is a great selection and I’ve added several to my feed reader. And had to start clearing out a few pieces of dead wood to make room!
Plus One Bonus
While checking out the links for Top 5 GTD Computer Tools at Daily Iteration, I came across a comment by Kim Roach with a link to her posting of 50 Essential GTD Resources! That’s an awesome post and a lot of work to create! Thanks Kim!
Well, Darren’s had a great turnout for the ProBlogger Group Writing project! After reviewing the list of posts for the first three days, here’s the counts for the one’s I want to check out:
Day One: Total posts, 132; I want to read 38! That’s 29% of all the posts! I’ve made it through the first ten… check below.
Day Two: Total posts, 242; My picks, 80! That’s over 33%!!! Unbelievable…
Day Three: Total posts, 222; I chose 74… for exactly one-third!
I won’t be out of reading material for a long time… I saved the full lists to a separate file on my hard drive so I can load it in my browser and hop to them as I get a chance to review.Ã‚Â Several people have been giving me trackbacks from reposting the entire list to their site, however, I don’t agree with that technique. In general, that is called ‘link farming’ and can get you banned from search engines. There were only a couple, so I went ahead and approved them for now. Though they are subject to review.
My intention is to post only the links I’ve actaully visited and liked! I think that will give you a better filter to choose from. While there are a lot of high quality posts, they aren’t all the same level. However, while I’ve picked a diverse selection of subjects, I suggest you go back to the horse’s mouth links above to get the full lists. There might be others that you are interested in, that I was not.
I was able to get through ten posts today, after compiling the overall list and selecting my favorites from the first three days. Here they are:
That should keep you reading for a while… I focused on just checking out ther Top 5 posts… if I had started exploring all the archives, I’d never get this written! But, I’ll be back…
I was catching up on reading my favorite blogs this morning–see my blogroll on the lower right of this page–and discovered that I was sending several links to my boss that might be of interest to my readers here. So, I’m going to share them with you as well, and my boss will get less email. Everyone wins!
As I come across other interesting links, I’ll be sharing… Be sure to stay tuned!